Rosary School Wellness Policy 2019-2020
Rosary Catholic School is committed to the optimal development of every student. The school believes that for students to have the opportunity to achieve personal, academic, developmental and social success, we need to create positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environments at every level, in every setting, throughout the school year.
Rosary School follows the Guidelines outlined in the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City’s Wellness Policy for Catholic Schools. (attached) The Rosary School Healthy and Fit committee will create specific goals outlined in the Archdiocesan policy.
This policy outlines Rosary School’s approach to ensuring environments and opportunities for all students to practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors throughout the school day, and also after school and on the weekend.
This policy establishes goal and procedures to ensure that:
- Students in the school have access to healthy foods for breakfast, lunch and snacks, in accordance with Federal and state nutrition standards
- Students have opportunities to be physically active before, during, and after school
- Rosary School will engage in nutrition and physical activity promotion and other activities that promote wellness
- School staff are encouraged and supported to practice healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors in and out of school
- The community is engaged in supporting the work of the school in creating continuity between school and other setting for students and staff to practice lifelong healthy habits
- The school supports the implementation of this Wellness policy
2017-2018 Healthy & Fit Committee
|Becky Hardin||Cafeteria Manager||Becklou1@yahoo.com|
|Beth Watts||PE Teacher|
The designated official for the committee is: Ms. Becky Hardin
The principal, Mrs. Christy Harris, will convene the committee at least once in the fall, and once in the spring, to facilitate goals and updates.
At least once every three years, the school will evaluate compliance with the wellness policy to assess the implementation of the policy.
Goals for the 2017-2018 School Year:
- Improve the cafeteria environment to promote health and nutrition
- Schedule field trips to learn more about nutrition and food trends.
- Participate in the OKC Memorial Marathon for students
- Encourage students to bring morning snacks from home that are healthy- no junk food.
- Involve parents and families in our fitness goals
- Encourage students to try new, healthy foods
|Date||Meeting Attendees||Topics discussed|
See this chart in the office to see meetings and results!
|Date||Goal:||How it was implemented|
Ideas for next year: